Presenting Members' Summer Projects (7:00 PM PDT)
Once again our first meeting of the year will be a presentation of members’ summer projects. Now is the time to start thinking of a theme and collecting or creating images for your summer project.
This can be a series of digital images in a slideshow presentation, maybe on a theme of what you did last summer i.e. travel or other activities
It may be a demonstration of a new technique that you have learned or an illustration of the technique using a series of images
It may be one image that has been manipulated in post-processing, showing a number of versions of the same image, and how you got to the finished product.
MEETING TIME LINE
• 6:30–7:00 bring your images on a memory stick or on a disk and arrive early for our projectionist to begin loading images into the computer.
• 7:15 – 8:00 the first half of the projects will be shown
• 8:00 – 8:15 coffee
• 8:15 – 9:00 the last half of the projects will be shown
ORGANIZING YOUR PROJECT ON YOUR MEMORY STICK
• Put all your images into one folder so they will be easy to locate, and put your name on the folder
• Order the images inside the folder by labelling each jpeg with a 2-digit number and your name, or a number and image title e.g. 01 Name, 02 Name etc. This will ensure that your images are displayed in the order you intend.
• Each person’s presentation must be less than 10 minutes in total to allow time for 10 – 15 people to show projects
• It will take longer to talk than to show the images;
• Decide on the number of images based on how much talking you plan to do: more talk = fewer pictures; more pictures = less talk.
• Please e mail the title of your project and its length to Martin Forbes at email@example.com by Monday Sept.9.
• Computer speakers will be set up in case your presentation requires sound.
• Size your images the same as you would for our evaluation projection 1600 X 1200 pixels